Hello Tennis Parents.
Put your hand up if you answer “YES” to two or more questions in the Tennis Parents Ten Question Quiz:
- Do you believe your child will be a successful, well paid professional tennis player?
- Do you tell other parents that your child is “a high achiever”?
- Do you talk about tennis at least once a day with your child over meals or away from the court?
- Are you prepared to sacrifice your child’s education so they have a great chance of becoming a professional player?
- Do you regularly ask the coach to work your child harder or to change something about their game?
- Do you get emotionally involved in your child’s successes and failures on the training court?
- Do you allow your child to show a bad attitude, poor sportsmanship and / or a poor temperament (e.g. racket abuse)?
- Have you ever argued or fought with parents of other kids about the results of a game?
- Do you refer to your child as “my son or my daughter the tennis player”?
- Have you spent more than $500.00 on a single tennis racket for your child?
Well, here’s the bad news. If you answered “YES” to two or more of the above, the chances of your child becoming a successful professional tennis player are…………………NIL or very close to it.